DIVORCING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY FOR OVER 20 YEARS
Our experienced paralegals can “personalize” any divorce. Here, too, we take pride in helping to keep your legal matters outside of the courtroom, cost effective and in “your hands”.
Our entire staff has gone through this very difficult process as well. No one else can truly sympathize, unless they’ve experienced it themselves.
We provide a variety of paralegal services, which are very cost effective, including:
WHAT WILL MY DIVORCE COST WITH A PARALEGAL?
- Filing fee $435 (Contra Costa County Superior Court Clerk filing fee)
- Uncontested Divorce with children $750 – From start to finish
- Uncontested Divorce without children $600 – From start to finish
- All 3 Trips to County Court to file court documents
- All copies
- All US mailing
- All communication with paralegal/questions/guiding through final divorce language
- Dissomasters ran if requested (child/spousal support calculator)
- Initial Conferences with paralegal to draft initial divorce documents
- Final Conference with paralegal to sign all final divorce documents
- Submit all final divorce documents to court
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FINISH MY DIVORCE? This answer depends on how each party cooperates with the process. When everyone participates in a timely manner, it takes 6 months in the State of California to obtain a divorce.
- CAN BOTH PARTIES ATTEND THE PARALEGAL MEETING AND BE INVOLVED TOGETHER? Yes. So long as both parties can work together, I prefer both parties participate in all meetings and communications.
- I DON’T HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW MUCH SUPPORT I SHOULD BE PAID? We would collect a few details from both parties and run a “Dissomaster” calculator to determine what is “guideline” child and/or spousal support. This gives you both a starting point to discuss support figures.
- WHAT IF WE START THE PROCESS AND MY SPOUSE WON’T COOPERATIVE ANY MORE? HOW DO I FINISH MY DIVORCE? Our Paralegals draft initial divorce document in a way, that most, can finish up their divorce by “Default”.
- AFTER MY DIVORCE STARTS, CAN I STILL HIRE AN ATTORNEY IF NEEDED? Yes.
- WHAT IF I CAN’T PAY MY COURT FILING FEE? You can request a fee waiver from the courts. These are additional documents filled out by your paralegal and filed with your initial divorce documents. The court may waive fees; may issue a hearing date for you to appear regarding your income; or ask you at a later date to pay your filing fee.
- ARE THERE ANY FEES THAT ARE NOT INCLUDED IN MY DIVORCE? Yes, we do not cover any process server fees; additional filing fees that the court may request; or additional legal matters that arise from the opposing party.
” EXPERIENCED LEGAL KNOWLEDGE WITH HUMAN WISDOM”