DIVORCING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY FOR OVER 23 YEARS
Our experienced paralegals can “personalize” any divorce. Here, too, we take pride in helping to keep your legal matters stay outside of the courtroom, cost effective and in “your hands”.
Our entire staff has gone through this very difficult process as well. We have a unique perspective on divorce matters that sets us apart from others.
We provide a variety of paralegal services, which are very cost effective, including:
WHAT WILL MY DIVORCE COST WITH A PARALEGAL?
- Filing fee $435 (Contra Costa County Superior Court Clerk filing fee) Plus the paralegal fee of:
- STEP 1: Initial Divorce documents start at $300.00 & up *(does not include process serving-most parties come in & accept service)
- STEP 2: Disclosures (FL-150; FL-142; FL-140 & FL-141) start at $250.00 & up * (most clients do this step themselves)
- STEP 3: Final Divorce Packages start at $350.00 & up* for Uncontested Matters Only (where both parties have reached an agreement on all matters)
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FINISH MY DIVORCE? it takes 6 months in the State of California to obtain a divorce
- CAN BOTH PARTIES ATTEND THE PARALEGAL MEETING AND BE INVOLVED TOGETHER? Yes. So long as both parties can work together. We are not mediators or therapists; we simply are drafting the required documents as directed by the client.
- WHAT IF WE START THE PROCESS AND MY SPOUSE WON’T COOPERATIVE ANY MORE? HOW DO I FINISH MY DIVORCE? Our Paralegals draft initial divorce document in a way, that most, can finish up their divorce by “Default”; or they hire an attorney if needed
- AFTER MY DIVORCE STARTS, CAN I STILL HIRE AN ATTORNEY IF NEEDED? Yes.
- WHAT IF I CAN’T PAY MY COURT FILING FEE? You can request a fee waiver from the courts. These are additional documents filled out by you and filed with your initial divorce documents. The court may waive fees; may issue a hearing date for you to appear regarding your income; or ask you at a later date to pay your filing fee.
- ARE THERE ANY FEES THAT ARE NOT INCLUDED IN MY DIVORCE? Yes, we do not cover any process server fees; additional filing fees that the court may request; or additional legal matters that arise from the opposing party contesting the divorce
- Give us a call at 925-516-4888 to make an appointment
- We will further email you a “paralegal questionnaire” to fill out and return 24 hours prior to your appointment
- We further prepare drafts prior to your appointment – to avoid multiple appointments for our clients and/or long waiting periods
- You will meet with us for an appointment to review documents; discuss procedures; pay fess and sign documents